Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Miss Snark's Final Farewell -- One Year Ago Today

And you can go and leave a little message in honor of the day here.

Isn't it amazing how a genuine desire to help and to teach garners such an affectionate, thankful, overwhelming response?

Sycophants aside, I mean.

Miss Snark's sharp-yet-not-unkind advice, as my gentle readers already know, forever changed my writing. I'm sure there aren't many agents/editors/authors/anyone-in-the-writing-businesses who are willing to spend the amount of time -- expend the amount of cerebral energy -- that Miss Snark spent on her eager audience.

So yes, I thank you again, Miss Snark.

And in all my anonymous glory, I wish you the very best.

5 comments:

  1. Have you seen the Query Shark? Or, per chance, read Janet Reid's blog?

    You may find them both educational and uplifting.....

    %-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, funny you should mention that.

    Yes, I have.

    Strange, how equally educating and uplifting they are...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a year since Miss Snark's blog closed down and it feels like yesterday.

    Wow how fast time flies. I can't believe it.

    I've got to get writing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to convince Miss Reid that she likes sci-fi, otherwise I can't query the Shark.

    Do you think she'd like a vampire noir about a serial killer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. In all seriousness, I've considered querying her for my YA. She did recently take on her first YA because she fell in love with it. So you never know. Yanno? :)

    ReplyDelete