Friday, December 28, 2012

Friday Fricassee

I've been unusually calm this year about walking away from the blog during the holidays.  Mind you, I have no problem making down time and family a priority; it's just that I usually do it while twitching sporadically over what I'm leaving behind.  As though it won't be waiting for me when I return.

Not this year.  I wrote last week's Friday Fricassee and danced off to make merry.  And it's been wonderful.  I'm in a deliciously slow-paced season of my writing life, too--waiting for Dear Agent to read what is hopefully a final revision, and developing a new story from the ground up (YA SF -- bliss!). 

So here I sit, in the midst of after-Christmas lull, thankful but slightly deer-eyed as I look ahead to next month.  And I should probably let you know what's on the horizon, so here it is:

1.  I'm running another CRITIQUE PARTNER DATING SERVICE!  Last July, there were some matches-from-heaven, and I'm hopeful for more of the same.  Keep your eyes peeled for entry information after the New Year!

2.  Submissions for our first Secret Agent contest of the year will be on the 14th.  Guidelines will post on the 7th.  Because of the Baker's Dozen hullabaloo, we haven't had a Secret Agent contest since October!  So I think this will be especially fun.

3.  Miss Snark's First Victim is TURNING 5 THIS SPRING!  There will be celebrations.  If you have any spiffy ideas, share them below.  (Seriously!  It's no small thing for a blog to turn 5.  I'm happy about this!)

That's all for now.  We'll jump in full-blast next week!  Thanks for making this such a wonderful community to return to.  You've no idea how much it means to me!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh! Enjoy your slow-paced season. It will be awhile before I have one of those, and it's such a fun experience to write something completely new and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you've enjoyed your time making merry. You should. That's seriously important :-)

    Looks like great things to come. I wish I could come up with suggestions to celebrate the blog turning 5. That's such a monumental thing in the midst of so many bloggers talking of burn out after two years of blogging. So 5 years is an accomplishment to truly party about.

    Until then, guess it's best you continue making merry and enjoy the holidays :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. = ) I'm happy for you! Looking forward to the next Secret Agent contest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're enjoying yourself. Looks like a lot of great things on the horizon here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Season's greetings! Glad you're enjoying a slowdown and looking forward to the new year.
    I have a couple of ideas for celebrating five years:
    How about some "Top Fives"?
    - Top five favorite "moments" on the blog.
    - Top five tips from some "success stories" and/or agents.
    - Top five things learned or gained from the blog from followers.
    ??
    Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sgf -- I like the "top 5" idea -- thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, 5 years! That is amazing! I've been visiting here for almost 2 years, and it's already been such a tremendous help to me. Is it bad that every time I begin a new manuscript, I find myself measuring out and polishing those first 250 words for future Secret Agent contests? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fireworks?

    I also like the top 5 idea!

    ReplyDelete