Thursday, February 28, 2013

Update: Authoress's Editing Services

So I've hit my stride, and it looks like this:  6 projects per month.  This feels doable.  The last thing I want to do is to burn myself out by taking on too many projects and then not being able to give my best to each client.

I'm doing fairly in-depth line edits, so I don't need to be all ugh-another-one-someone-shoot-me when I sit down to work.  Right?

It's all good.  But it means that I'm now scheduled into early June.  If you would like to hire me to edit your first 3 chapters, please bear in mind that your name will be added to the existing queue as soon as I receive your down payment and your actual project.

(I have a spreadsheet.  I am so proud of myself I can hardly speak.  No, really.)

More thoughts:

  • If you have NEVER SHOWN YOUR WORK TO ANYONE BEFORE, I would encourage you to seek a critique partner BEFORE hiring me.  There's no reason for us to spend money while we are in the early stages of learning our craft.  I feel strongly about this.  (I mean, you can hire me anyway, but I don't believe it would be in your best interest if you are that early in the game.)
  • If you know your project won't be ready for critique for several months, you might want to go ahead and get into the queue now.  You can always send me an updated .doc file before your turn comes up.
  • Please proofread.  I correct everything I find, and if some of these errors are due to lack of careful checking, it's not the best use of my time.

If you have specific questions, please feel free to email me at authoress.edits(at)gmail.com.  Please do NOT email editing questions to my other addresses.  AUTHORESS EDITS is separate from my blogging activities.  (Maybe I'm easily confused, but it works better this way.)

3 comments:

  1. I somehow missed the fact that you offer an editing service. Now I'm excited. :)
    Will definitely be looking your way in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My critique partners have told me I'm not allowed to even open the document again until July. They're convinced I'm too close to it right now.

    You might see an e-mail once I'm allowed to touch it again, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. India Tours and Travels- Are you looking for

    holiday in India? Go Holiday India best offers holidays to India, India holidays,india Tour

    Packages and famous Tour and Travel Delhi, Agra, Jaipur,Rajasthan.

    ReplyDelete