Monday, January 20, 2014

Secret Agent Revealed: Taylor Haggerty


Huge thanks and generous applause for this month's Secret Agent, Taylor Haggerty of the Waxman Leavell Agency.

Bio: 

Taylor Haggerty graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and worked in the editorial, production, and foreign rights departments of several publishers while completing a master’s degree from Emerson College’s Publishing and Writing program. She worked at the Gersh Agency before joining Waxman Leavell in 2013.

What Taylor would really love to find right now: 

"On the YA front I'm looking for historical fantasy, friendship stories with tons of heart, and contemporaries with unique settings outside the halls of a typical high school. On the historical fiction side of things, I'm looking for novels with compelling concepts and great commercial hooks. I particularly love reading about complex, influential female characters, and characters with unique perspectives on major historical figures or events."

Winners forthcoming!


3 comments:

  1. Getting a critique from an agent is a rare treat. Taylor, thank you for taking time to leave feedback on every entry. And thanks to Authoress for hosting SA, where even the entrants critiques offer great advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge thanks to all -- I made some changes that I feel make my first page stronger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comment. I can't wait to apply your advice and make my opening stronger. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete